By The Kayseean Staff
The spring semester is coming to a close and students are more eager than ever for the break. If you find time in between studying for finals and preparing for summer jobs or internships, try and take a few moments to look back and review everything that has taken place.
In the Nation
- On January 20th, Joe Biden was inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States, following a whirlwind election last November.
- By February, 500,000 Americans had lost their lives to Covid.
- The trial against former police officer Derek Chauvin began on March 8th. Chauvin was tried and later convicted for the murder of George Floyd last May.
- As of April 19th, all adults in the US became eligible for the Covid vaccine. So far over 96 million Americans have been fully vaccinated.
Closer to Home
- This April King held a vaccination clinic, offering the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine to faculty, staff, and students. Days later the distribution of the vaccine was halted, following concerns over rare blood clots. However, the pause was lifted by the CDC on April 23rd.
- Kendall Morrison was inaugurated as president of the Student Government Association on April 19th, along with the vice-president, Hannah Harosky.
- The Spring Honors Seminar was also held on the 19th, commemorating the academic achievements of students. Watch it here.
- Faculty lecturers for the 2021-22 school year will be Dr. Don Hudson and Professor David Robinson. Student lecturers will be Sydney Bailey and Kelsey Corley.
Staff’s Picks For Spring 2021
- Guest Article: Hope on the Horizon: Covid-19 Vaccines by Dr. Laura Ong
- Staff Article: The Legends of Rotherwood Mansion by Austin Leonard
- Comic: Frostine’s Trick by Austin Leonard
Thank you to all of our guest authors that helped make this semester a great one. Be sure to check out the Kayseean over the break for more exciting articles and comics. Have a great summer!